PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rear sprocket on ZX7R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghertzog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: rear sprocket on ZX7R Reply with quote

I did the switch from the yamaha 400 to the kawasaki 750,everything is in and running and now its time for the sprocket change. Did you guys use the factory one and cut the center out to fit over the lugs? I got a 2001 ZX7R setup and don,t think there's any way to use the factory sprocket. I want to go with the alum. hub spacer but the center hole in the srocket is'nt near big enough to access the lugs. I seen how you notched them out,but I think I got a different sprocket on the 01. Also are you running the rad. fan all the time or is on and off by temp. switch? Thanks for any help.
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to check with Don Muddiman but I believe we used a sprocket from a Honda 900. The actual sprocket you use depends more on being able to get the correct gear ratio. Almost any sprocket can be modified to fit the aluminum spacer. We replaced the original Pulse sprocket spacers with a solid aluminum sprocket spacer. We thought the original spacers might not handle the increased torque of the ZX-7. Then all we had to do was bolt the new sprocket to the aluminum hub. I believe we just notched out the sprocket to clear the lug nuts and tapped the aluminum sprocket spacer to accept the new sprocket.

As far as the ZX-7 radiator I used the original temperature sensor and fan unit. The sensor unit urned the fan on and off as needed. I did also have an auxiliary fan in the nose that I could turn on manually but I never needed it.
Muddiman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Kawasaki ZXR7 sprockets Reply with quote

Hey guys it's been a while,

I just looked over some notes and this is what I used.
1) 2001 Kawasaki ZX7R 16 tooth front sproket.
2) A 108 link 530 O-ring chain with removable master link.
3) Suzuki TL-1000 43 tooth rear sprocket for a 530 chain.
Note: Use only steel speockets. Lubicate chain every 250-300 miles.
Use spray on WAX motorcycle chain lube.
Clean chain with WD40.

Supplier www.afamusa.com

Later,
Don
www.eagle-i.us

Don Muddiman
Check Your Pulse web page.
http://www.eagle-i.us
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: