PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GAS TANK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: GAS TANK Reply with quote

I am in need of 2 gas tanks for the 2 pulses I am working on restoring. I have checked the web site and have made contact with the listed places to get one and have come up with nothing. Can anyone help me out or make some suggestions? Thanks Doug in Michigan....
Need help here posting Pictures ....Can not seem to get them posted....
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have one made up for you.

Look what Don Muddiman did for #199 here:

http://www.eagle-i.us/pulse/Kawasaki/

You have to scroll down a ways to see it, but it looks nicely fabricated.
[img]ttp://www.eagle-i.us/pulse/Kawasaki/images/Fuel_Tank-5.jpg[/img]
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
Chip Pearce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,
I have had to buy 2 myself. Found them both on ebay that had already been refurbished inside and out. $100 will buy one ready to install.
Chip
dman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: TANK Reply with quote

CHIP

WHAT DO YOUI LOOK UP ON EBAY WHEN YOU SEARCH BESIDES GAS TANK? I WILL SPEND $100 ON A TANK DO YOU AN EXTRA YOU WANT TO SELL?

I HAVE SEEN A FEW OF THE CUSTOM TANKS OTHER OWNER HAVE HAD MADE,, I HAVE CALLED A COUPLE OF THOSE TANK MAKERS TO MAKE ME ONE AND THEY DID NOT CARE TO MAKE ANOTHER!!!

WILL SEARCH TILL I HAVE ONE?

DOUG
Chip Pearce

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: tank Reply with quote

Doug,
I am in the process of restoring my pulses as well and am using mine. Go to ebay and search honda gold wing. Then you can use the option of picking the models you want to look at. Click the boxes 1980, 1981, 1982 & 1983. There may be a hundred or so items to scan through but it won't take but a few minutes to look at them. I do not search specifically gold wing gas tanks because they may not list them that way. Sometimes it will be listed as gold wing parts. This way you can have a better chance of finding one. I will guarantee you will find one within a couple of days. I will check where my last one came from and see if that guy has some others he has restored and ready for sale. I will post for you if I can find him.
Chip
elden simons

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Fuel tank woes Reply with quote

Many people say to go to auto scrap yards (or call) to possibly get a fuel tank. No guarantee that they havn't had rust damage on inside and out. Then you'd have to treat them yourself from stuff out of J.C. Whitney or elsewhere.

I had gone through the effort of building a cardboard mock-up of a fuel tank that would fit my vehicle, but a fuel tank builder on the main autocycle parts listings didn't want to do the job without my vehicle actually sitting in his shop.

So, as a side note. I would suggest that if these suppliers have become discouraged or have lost interest in providing items offered, that their services be removed from the list.
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the original gas Pulse gas tank came from a large commercial lawn mower or tractor. A search of replacement gas tanks for lawn tractors might turn up something.

One note of caution on replacement gas tanks from personal experience. A too large tank too high above the carburetors combined with the force of gravity can force gas by the float needles in the carbs. That will overflow the float bowls and then fill your crankcase with gasoline. Bad! I believe that's why the 400cc Pulses came with an electric shut off valve in the fuel line before the carbs.
Chip Pearce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: tank Reply with quote

Doug,
the gas tanks are not from a lawn mower or tractor but are original to the honda goldwing. This is one of the original components from the donor bike that was used. I was fortunate to meet and hire a gentleman from Tennesse today, who is a honda GL1000,1100 & 1200 expert who restores these vintage bikes to new condition. I took him my silver bullet and will be taking others to him for mechanical restoration in the future. He happens to have a great deal of NOS & used Honda parts and thinks he may have a nice gas tank for you. If you have not found one, email me direct and I will give you his name and phone number to call.
This guy is very professional and I am excited to finally find someone who is particular and knows these engines. He also wants to swap my yamaha pulse out to a goldwing.
Chip (chip@soldalabama.com)
Chip Pearce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Tank Reply with quote

That was all assuming your pulse has a goldwing engine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: