PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing a new motor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxpeterson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Installing a new motor Reply with quote

I've got a KZ1200 I'd like to use in replacing my stock 400cc engine. The new bike has got a shaft drive and I don't think messing with how everything lines up (engine thru to rear wheel) is a smart thing. Has anyone welded an existing motorcycle frame to the rear of a Pulse?

It also looks like I need to remove a large section of the rear body during this operation just to get to everything I'll need to "touch". Do you just cut the existing fiberglass shell and then reglass it back on afterward?

Trying to find a good starting point....
elden simons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Until someone else responds Reply with quote

Look over this site if you havn't seen it already.
http://www.geocities.com/autocycle2000/Prototype001a/Prototype001a.html
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Cutting your body? Reply with quote

Max,
Several of us have done exactly what you want to do with your engine. However, I don't recommend cutting the body off unless you want to split it down the centerline seam. The aft end of the body holds the rear panels on. Cutting it would weaken it. You can get to 'everything you need to touch' without going to that extreme.
-Dave
elden simons

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: I would like to see how this is done Reply with quote

What I'd like to see in pictures or on paper is how some have made the effort in pulling the frame out of the shell body (fuselage).
Yes, I am the one who submitted photos, to Steve, of Butcher's barn that showed frames on carts and partially inserted into the shells.
Yet the whole process is intriguing. It would be nice to know if someone could detail the steps for future reference.
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Elden,

Is it still the same pulse? Man you are the first original owner Ihave ever found.

Mine (#206) is doing very well, has about 9,000 miles on it. The engine sucks. It is weal, irregular, and leaks. I will be changing out to the 750 like Don Muddiman did, but first I am trying to blow up the engine while driving it.

Loads of fun.
elden simons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Yup, original purchase Reply with quote

Quickly noting...I was 33 years old when I bought #308. We did not put too many miles on it before it encountered problems.
I have the opinion to leave it be for now and not mess it up worse.
Check your PM in-box for more chit-chat.
Tammy and Elden have Pulse #308 from 1988.Built in Butcher's Barn and presently sets inoperative in their garage. We are still keeping it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: