PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lonely sad pulse with a glass windshield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynoman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: lonely sad pulse with a glass windshield Reply with quote

Spotted in Dayton four years ago and this was the first year I had a camera. I want the shield but was told NOT FOR SALE.
I will try and post this photo. If it doesn't work will send to Tom and Steve
for posting.

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0703/orillia1/daytona_009.jpg

Last edited by dynoman on Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: More White Pulse pics Reply with quote

Thanks to Chuck Knight for suppling the following pics.

http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/schmidt/pulsewhitesignflorida.jpg

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0703/orillia1/daytona_009.jpg
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Is this Pulse in Dayton or Daytona? Reply with quote

I'm allitle confused....your post says Dayton, but the images say Daytona. If it's Daytona, let me know where it is and I'll rescue it from its degrading perch.

Those pictures are sad....

BTW... I was up in Jacksonville, Fl on Sunday and visited #216, which is the
Pulse from the Dan Garlits Museum over in Ocala. Larry has kept this vehicle in awesome condition and only has approx 400 mi on the speedo. He's asking $20,000, if anyones interested. It's sweet!!!
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Pulse on a Pole Reply with quote

I talked via email to the owners of the Iron Horse Saloon, where this poor Pulse has been hung out to die.

It's been up there for 10 years and they're not interested in selling it. Some of you owners tell me....what condition would a Pulse be in if it was welded to a post 20 feet in the air and subjected to Florida rain, storms, and sun for 10 years? Is it worth anything?
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Too bad!
Steve195

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: windshield Reply with quote

How about offering one of Todd's acrylic windshields in trade for the glass one.
dynoman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: test for photo application Reply with quote

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0703/orillia1/daytona_013.jpg

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0703/orillia1/daytona_017.jpg

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0703/orillia1/daytona_005.jpg

Now that I have accomplished the adding photo-things I will probably go nuts. Such as adding a photo of my new sprocket designed by Don and made by me.

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0703/orillia1/sprockets_004.jpg
Best Regards
Chuck Knight

Last edited by dynoman on Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Hey, look at that... Reply with quote

Dynaman,
I mean, thanks for more pain of seeing a sun grilled Litestar on a stick.
Anyways, now barring that we know what it is.. the photo of the "belly" of the Litestar is neato!

I had to convince myself that with the sky background that I was not seeing some covert refueling of some classified high altitude craft. No, really. If one doesn't focus onto the "wood" of the pole and forgets that they are looking at dangling tires...it is a neat picture.
Sorry if some of you don't see what I'm describing. I was daydreaming before seeing the picture at first.
I'm considering a strobe for the belly of my..um, inoperative Pulse.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Pulse on a Pole Reply with quote

I think what I'll do is threaten them with welding an old classic Harley on a pole in front of a Honda dealer or something. Smile

Actually, they seemed pretty nice, it's just become some sort of icon for the place.

BTW nice shots... I get over to Daytona a couple of times a month, I'll have to bring my digital and badger the owners alittle. (I'll wear a black Harley shirt when I show up).
dynoman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Bob's T shirt Reply with quote

Hope the logo on your black t-shirt says "IRON HORSE SALOON"
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Allow me to offer a suggestion Reply with quote

If someone really wants THAT Litestar. Perhaps you could get him to change his mind by offering something to replace it with. It's obvious he like having an "eye catching" item for display.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Dan
elden simons

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Hey, Bob! Reply with quote

Hey Bob...
since a "Litestar on a stick" is out of your reach. How about the latest one for this month of June 2004 that comes with real grass carpeting (and not that cheap plastic grass for patios).
Ya, I think Steve has it as vehicle number 183. Rolling Eyes
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elden,

I thought #77 (which I now own) needed some TLC. That #183 is looking pretty sad. I'm sure the "Pulse on a Pole" is in equally bad shape.

Right now, I've got too many Pulse related projects to be looking for more "rescues".
Dan A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: windshield Reply with quote

[quote="Steve195"]How about offering one of Todd's acrylic windshields in trade for the glass one.[/quote]

can someone send details of the acrylic windshield? dacker@smc3.com pulse 168
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: