PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PULSE #189 FOR SALE ON EBAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: PULSE #189 FOR SALE ON EBAY Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Built-Motorcycles-Pulse-Pulse-Motorcycle-189_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10062QQihZ018QQitemZ280240926723QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
StillWishing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So looking at this one brings up a question.

When did they change from motorcycle steering to steering wheel?

Waiting for my dream to come true
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This type of steering is not from the Owosso Motor Car factory.

Most likely when the engine was up-dated, they made several other changes.
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this Pulse #189 in real life several times. The first time I saw it, it was spread all over Jack's Cycle Salvage in Sanford Florida. If you look at the auction, you can see a picture that I took that day.

I also saw this Pulse in finished condition in Orlando at the "Art of the Motorcycle" exhibit at the Orlando Science Center. It has a motorcycle front end grafted onto the frame, hence the handle bars. The frame was cut off at the rear from about the passenger seat back and a motorcycle frame and motor were attached by welding. Some of the steel framework can be seen in the photos. The only Pulse pieces remaining are the body and a part of the original frame. There are almost no original interior parts left. Pretty bare inside. No dash left. I guess a lot of pieces were lost when it was in the salvage yard.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see another Fl Pulse up for sale. This Pulse is actually where it all started for me. I was working on a custom corvette in Sanford, Fl with a friend of mine and I somehow got into talking about this rocket car I had seen in Orlando in the early 90's with my dad. He told me about this one which was just a mile up the road. I dropped my vette project and begin helping Jack get the body prepped on his, which he was real anxious to get back on the road. For my efforts he allowed me to make molds from his before the fabricator that works at his shop installed the Honda Pacific Coast 800 and the rest is history...

I've seen and sat in it with the new motorcycle setup, but have never driven it. I actually like the simplicity of his approach and wouldn't mind trying it on of my prototypes.

That reminds me... he still has all my interior panels I let him borrow so he could use as templates. From the looks of it, he never got around to completing the interior.

Jack's a great guy. Not sure why he's selling, but I hope it goes to another Fl home.

- Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: