PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voltage Regulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leroy Cook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Voltage Regulator Reply with quote

oes anyone know where I can get a regulatorfor my Pulse. It has the Yamaha 400cc RJ engine. I beleive the part number is 12R-81960-A0-00.

I gave up looking on the net.

Leroy Cook
Marysville, Ohio
StillWishing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this listed on BikeBandit.com One number different

Yamaha RECTIFIER/REG ASY (REGULATOR ASSY) [RECTIFIER/REG ASY] 12R-81960-A1-00 $191.11

Fits machines

1982 Yamaha XS400J View schematics
1982 Yamaha XS400RJ_RK View schematics

1983 Yamaha XS400K View schematics
1983 Yamaha XS400RJ_RK View schematics

Here is a LINK

Instead of going through the search for the part number, looking at the year, make and model directly, they list one for $170.09

That one is HERE It is the same for both 82 and 83 XS400RJ and RK models. Those are the only 2 years they list. Does anyone know what year the donor bikes were? 82 and 83 are the only 2 years I find anywhere on the web for the 400RJ. Not just parts, but clubs and collector websites also.

BTW anyone who has the Yamaha 400RJ motor in their Pulse might want to join the Yamaha Owners Club forum for reference also.

Waiting for my dream to come true
Jim Finch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this site www.cruisersplus.com I think it was 89.0.0
Erick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a used one for $50 last year. Bike shop just happened to have a similar one just sitting in the parts drawer.
Leroy Cook

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The electrical drawing shows only three wires. All of the sites I have seen has more. I am confused on this. Does anyone know for sure?

Question
Erick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My regulator had 3 wires coming out of it.
elden simons

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Still got problems... Reply with quote

Leroy had written me and said that everyone has been quite helpful. He hasn't been home long enough to give full attention to the Pulse since it was delivered. His job takes him on the road for weeks at a time unexpectedly.

I did some internet searching just like member 'Stillwishing' had suggested in his response. Only it took about seven pages of Google to locate three or more worthwhile sites.

I can't remember what I had found, but Leroy wrote back and said that one site was very helpful and that he ordered a part finally.

Hopefully, he will post under this ongoing topic on how things are.
Leroy Cook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Voltage Regulator Reply with quote

Well I have a regulator headed my way! There was some confusion as to what regulator I needed for the Yamaha 400cc RJ engine. I have not been home to work on the Pulse so I had my son E Mail me a snapshoot of what I had. I checked with many Yamaha Dealers and they were baffled. I was lucking enough to get a reply from CruisersPlus.com and found the regulator that is installed was not the correct one.
Nevertheless I have one on its way to me.

Leroy Cook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: