PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Show me some Pictures of different tail wings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Show me some Pictures of different tail wings Reply with quote

I am looking for different ideas of wings to put on the tail.

How about posting your favorite tail picture!

Or a picture of a tail that would look great on the Pulse!

Show me some Tails!!!

Doug
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to get really radical, check out Joe King's Pulse modifications

elden simons

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: What I've been considering Reply with quote

Okay, the best I can do is a link again.
Understanding that aircraft tails are tall on actual aircraft, authenticity can be overdone. Then also, Bede remarked during a Rally that adding a tail deminishes the effectiveness of the autocycle design.

So, a variation on a science fiction inspired design interests me.
See the tails on these imaginary interceptors. They are ineffective in the real world, but a design style to work from, maybe?

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Stoat_2006/?action=view&current=UFOinterceptors.jpg

*Arrgh! I had to edit this address four times before It was typed right. In the meantime, I was making sure it worked...It locked up my SchlepTV unit each time and shut off until I rebooted and signed back in till I got it right.
Anyways, the idea is that the tail is a 'representation' and not a full control surface.
thatjoeguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks for remembering me! Reply with quote

Dear Steve, Thank you for reposting that old sketch of mine. For everyone else, it's been a long 5 and a half years since I obtained my Pulse - finally getting it put together and cosmetically refurbished last summer for my first set of appearances and book signings under the JIMMY JET banner:
http://www.jimmy-jet.com
I have been studying some custom pulse jet engines now available on ebay designed and built by a gent named Bob Maddox:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180284173864&rd=1
and they appear to be suitable as a real-world application to my fantasy sketch of a few years back.
I intend to mount a matching pair directly to my existing frame utilizing the access panel and vent openings already in place along both sides of the rear tail sections of the Pulse.
No modifications to the original body panels will be needed as the support struts will connect directly to the existing frame.
As for engine nacelles I have zeroed in on the fiberglass shells of certain conga drums that provide the desired curvatures in aviation jet engine covers.
If you'd like to see my current scrapbook - pls visit me here:
http://www.funnypaperz.com/toon_mobilez.htm

Joe King
www.toon-guy.com
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

I like the idea of the conga drum for the engine nacelles.

But instead of the expensive ebay jet engines, how about mounting two huge speakers in the drums-pods
and using a JET engine CD like Chuck Furgason has in his Pulse.

You get a deafening sound effect and you could use it as a PA system too.

And alot safer than playing with jet fuel. I think the fuel burn was per minute was high and Jet-A per gallon is not cheap.

Keep us informed about your project .... sounds great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: