PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Braking power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatfield

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Braking power Reply with quote

Hey Guys - I've been working on the brakes on my Pulse. They just have never worked very well and I'm determined to get them right. Are you able to lock up the wheels with your brakes? I cannot no matter how hard I press. Any ideas?
DMD1

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: brake Reply with quote

My first thought is if there are line adapters at master cylinder. They can cause a restriction. If rubber hoses are older they start to swell shut. I have moved into silicone brake fluid for this type of stuff. It has saved me a lot of problems. Are You building the 1800? Later Dave
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried bleeding the brakes?
hatfield

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New master cylinder, new calipers, tried two different kinds of proportuoning valves, brakes bled repeatedly. Gonnna try new rubber lines next. Are you able to lock your brakes if you want to?
leroy cook

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Brakes Reply with quote

Maybe you can install a pressure gauge at the hose or fitting at the calipar. Did you get a good steam when bleeding?

Pressure will be the force on the calipars. The flow rate from the hose is the speed the calipars move. It sounds line a restriction some where. Trouble shooting this may take some imagination. Start at the master cyl and work your way back.
The master cyl is the source of flow and pressure.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

I put all new steel lines, new braided hose, new rotors, new calipers, and new brake master cylinder and my brakes exhibit the same poor perfomance you're describing.

Are we sure we're all just not forgeting what it was like to drive a car without power brakes? Although motorcycles seem to stop just fine without it.

Brakes are not one of my strong points, so if someone has a solution or their Pulse stops as good as one of their cars, we'd sure like to hear about it. As it is I drive very cautiously and leave ton's of stopping room in front of me.

- Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: