PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We make Hagerty Insurance list as #9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: We make Hagerty Insurance list as #9 Reply with quote

As the "quirkiest, cool cars". See their home page at http://www.hagerty.com/. Ray, you don't by chance have Hagerty? Glad to hear you are not wearing horseshoe prints!
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

I find this very interesting. Here is the info on Hagerty's about the insuring cool cars like the Pulse:

"""From Pumpkin Chucker to Dodge Clown Car: Not Your Ordinary Collector Vehicles

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (May 2009) – For more than a decade, the nation’s largest collector car insurance agency has issued policies on some of the greatest and most valuable cars in the world. But from time to time they also receive a request that may prompt them to say: “You Want To Insure What?”

“When we first set out to insure collector vehicles, we intentionally didn’t want to discriminate and limit ourselves,” says McKeel Hagerty, CEO of Hagerty Insurance Agency. “But we never anticipated how broad the collector category really is or how many unique and cool vehicles there really are out there. It’s never dull. But we wouldn’t have it any other way.”

9. 1985 Owosso Pulse – This futuristic looking vehicle is one of just 347 Pulses ever built. The “Autocycle,” as it’s commonly referred to, appeared in the film Back To the Future Part II.

10. 1974 Dodge Clown Car – Want to be the funniest neighbor on the block? Park this in your driveway.

Hagerty Insurance Agency, Inc. is the leading insurance agency for collector vehicles in the world and host to the largest network of collector car owners. Hagerty offers insurance for collector cars, motorcycles and motorcycle safety equipment, tractors, automotive tools and spare parts, and even “automobilia” (historic or collectible items linked with motor vehicles). Hagerty also offers overseas shipping/touring insurance coverage, commercial coverage and club liability coverage. For more information, call (800) 922-4050 or visit http://www.hagerty.com/."""

The reason I say interesting is that according to my Independent agent,
Hagerty will no longer insure a Pulse as a stand alone vehicle. But....since I am an existing client, they will insure my Pulse as I am grandfathered in. But if I let the Pulse insurance lapse, they will no longer insure me.

Now if you have several collector cars, then they would bend their rules to get you to insure all your vehicles with them and they would insure your Pulse.

"......we intentionally didn’t want to discriminate and limit ourselves,” says McKeel Hagerty, CEO of Hagerty Insurance Agency. "

So either they have changed their policy regarding the Pulse or they are using the Pulse as a cool vehicle on their webpage.....however not revealing that they don't insure them.
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Interesting on Hagerty Reply with quote

Been with them since I've had 325. Anyone else try a new policy more recently?
pulse220

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 2 1/2 months back, my brother Jeff and I were on a classic car related road trip when out of the blue, a Hagerty representative called him on his cell phone about his 1985 red Pulse. The rep. stated that they were looking to include a write up of his Pulse in their quarterly magazine and wanted to know if it was okay and if we could send additional pictures. My brother said it would be fine, but that we didn't understand why they would not insure MY Pulse (220) when they insure his. The rep said he would look into it and call me in a few days. Of course, he never did.

So, in April, we're headed on another vehicle related road trip to Spring Carlisle in Pennsylvania (bought another toy- don't tell the wife!) when we run into another Hagerty Rep. at their insurance tent. Once again, I tell my story of them insuring my brothers, but not mine and he says he'll look into it and have someone call me. This time, they did.

Even though I have had a couple cars already insured with Hagerty for several years, they would not put my Pulse on the same policy. They said they would put it on a separate classic motorcycle policy though for an estimated cost of $236 for $12,000 of coverage.

I chose not to go with Hagerty because with Midwest Classic Insurance, for a couple bucks more, I have more coverage, and can drive it to work 1 day a week if I wanted to. I was looking to consolidate everything onto 1 policy, but since they wanted to write it seperately, it's not worth it to me.

Anyway, if you want Hagerty, try them again and ask for a senior underwriter to look into it. They should be able to write it again.

(P.S. I think the red Pulse on their webpage is my brothers...)
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Hagerty Reply with quote

Makes sense. I'm under their "exotic" category. Costs 276.00 a year for 12k coverage. Was directed to them by my Erie Ins agent (Erie would not cover).
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Could you please post your policy number from Hagerty's. That way owners could give the policy number to agents who are asking Hagerty for a quote. Saves alot of hassle on researching this vehicle for the agent.

Thanks,

Steve Schmidt
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Hagerty Number Reply with quote

325 policy number is 0N60740 for Hagerty.
Jim Finch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Hagerty Reply with quote

I have Hagerty insurance. My renewal cost is $356 that's in Mich. I insured it for $6500. That was before it was running. I would like some feedback on Hagerty or any other companys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: