PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mecum Auction December 4th Kansas City Mo. History Channel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMD1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Mecum Auction December 4th Kansas City Mo. History Channel Reply with quote

Mecum Auction December 4th Kansas City Mo. Help celebrate My 50th Birthday and bid high and often on Pulse 240. I needed something besides gag gifts and could not afford Tahiti. So by chance we saw Mecum ad. 240 will have a premium Friday night at around 7pm spot. I hope it does well. I resprayed metallic and am very happy with it. It will have blue neon underneath so it should have some curb appeal. Remember your not just buying a Pulse your sending a kid to College !! -

Margies Pulse 110 arrived...It will be ready for Marion!! It will probably get a Ninja water cooled 600. Wow what a sound this bike has at 10 grand.
Later Dave
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Did you have to take your Pulse to Kansas City?

Here is more info on the auction:

Kansas City Auction
Muscle Cars & More - Live TV Live on HD Theater, a Discovery Network
December 4-5, 2009

Lot F222 1986 Pulse Lite Star

Kansas City Auction
December 4-5, 2009
This Lot scheduled to be sold FRI 8:35PM

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=KC1209-87554&entryRow=134

DMD1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Adventure needed Reply with quote

I do not have to take. But need an adventure. Some of My buddies will be there and my Dad and Margie. I am restless and had to do something for the big 50. I asked Margie if she wanted to drive the Pulse to Florida. And go to an auction there.With NO hesitation she says "sure!" (Remind me to buy Judy a soda at Marion. ) But auction dates were not right and she saw add for Kansas City. Almost on my birthday. Then I called them and even a hardened auctioneer got excited. These guys have sold some really $$$$ stuff. So I took it all as a good and fun sign. If you want to go let me know and I will get you code for discounted room.
Stevenp74

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Margie's pulse 110 Reply with quote

I installed a zx6r in Pulse 74 and it was a simple install. No cutting of
the frame . Plenty of power and water cooled! Actually too much
power on the low end, will need a different rear sprocket.
Good luck!
DMD1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Auction update Reply with quote

Details-ahhhhhhh. Someone had called and asked "Would I sell to a friend?". That really made me think. So I pulled engine and replaced clutch. While there noticed a washer shim missing. Then I noticed a heater hose not to my liking. Then I decided to redo fuel lines and add a fuel return line. Then I pulled carbs and figured out one float was set wrong. Yes I can now sell to a friend. Man does this thing FLY. I knew clutch was slipping a little but had no idea that it was slipping that much. Varooooom. New radio with speakers, neon, horn button, ........ Still have more to do. Now if it does not sell well I guess Margie has a silver Pulse. See Y'all in Kansas City December 4th !!!!!!
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMAIL FROM DAVE & MARGIE DERER......

St Louis Car museum bought Pulse #240 at Mecum Auction in Kansas City, MS.

What a ride. I had to go "nuts" and finish Pulse 240. I wish I could of video taped the loading by myself on a trailer to small with ramps too short in 25 mph winds at 32 degrees. Ahhhhhhhh.

We made it down to Kansas City. Perfect perfect perfect. City parking lot open and car and trailer parked easily. Guy walks by and helps unload Pulse. In a very little while out riggers are back on and Pulse is warming up. Margie and I jump in and almost wreck it by rolling down a hill. Luckily she yells and I stop.

Then we cruised downtown KC . Lots of Christmas lights, tall buildings...It was way cool!!! Then we zooom into exhibition hall. I try to show off and really gun it up the ramp. It stalls and dies. We get pushed in. Next day find main wire came loose.

Great time waiting for my spot. Mecum people were just excellent. Nice helpful, cheerful. Finally guy tells me to go line up. I fire up 240 and make the loop. I get near stage and guy gets a little bent out of shape and barks your out of line!

I say hey I am doing what I am told. He goes turn around and move to side. Yea baby! Smooth terrazzo floors. A big open spot. Looked like a open parking lot with snow......... I hammer it and 240 does a sweet donut with pipes just a roarin' . I have some head bangin' rock the kids left in car just pounding, Margie is yelling and I can not help but smile and laugh. Guy gave me the grrr eye and I asked can I move it again. No! Oh yea, I was lovin' it!!

It sold a bit low but all goals met. So this adventure is now over but another has already started. Big Thanks to Steve , Ken and Ray for all the cool guy stuff they sent. This build was the most fun I have had in years. It was a great Father and Son adventure that ultimately involved many more. A most wonderful way to celebrate today-50? I can not believe it.

Later Dave
Ray Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Dave & Margie Derer - Pulse #240 Reply with quote

We watched Dave & Margie on High Definition Discovery Channel Friday evening as they run Pulse #240 through the Mecum Auction held in Kansas City, MS. They looked great in their Autocycle rolling up on stage. Pulse Autocycles got some real exposure all over the country thanks to them. It was very interesting watching this process and knowing a little about this vehicle as Dave kept us in the loop as he prepared #240 for this process. Interesting enough Pulse #240 was bought by a museum in St. Louis........ I am wondering if this is the same museum Sam & Joan Ellis purchased Pulse #271 from ??

Very COOL Dave & Margie !!!!!

Make plans now to attend the 2010 Autocycle Rally in Marion, Indiana coming up next September. See: http://www.autocycles.org/2010.html
Pulse #347
www.FlyInCruiseIn.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: