PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

110 the story begins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMD1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: 110 the story begins Reply with quote

110 is mostly apart. Its a bit hard to get motivated after the silver one. And then I got some e mails. One from a guy In Washington state. He is building a Pulse like vehicle. He had some interesting Jim Bede stories. one part was a discussion on retractable out riggers. Then the emails from this group. So after much thought and looking at New Years Resolution ( No cash? No Buy!)
I will be building 110 using the Ninja 650. I would rather have Goldwing but danged resolution. So now its time to learn another bike. Apparently I have to "split" the case to get defective starter gear out. I am pretty sure seller new this but failed to mention it. Splitting case is major open heart type surgery to engine. But then the party can really begin. Cover of Popular Science October of 09 has paint scheme we will be doing. Its the land speed record car trying to do a 1000 mph. Later Dave N Margie
DMD1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon a new canopy will be arriving from Todds. Its been difficult this year getting motivated. Danged cold,snow and ice. Plus we have been in process of buying a house in Florida. Hopefully tomorrow we will have small house on a big lake. No ice!!! I have signed up for World Meet. So 110 has to run. I am not going to even try to get "done". Just get it safe and running. Maybe another story will get Elden fired up. Elden cut the frame!!! Attached is link were my silver Pulse gets beat up! A fun site non the less!

http://jalopnik.com/5433232/check-your-pulse-for-22900
DMD1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Todds Canopy arrived Reply with quote

The canopy is a real motivator. Yup it has more curve than original. But I like that look, plus it clears my big head better! Todd told me I might have it on and off 50 times trial fitting it. I hope to start a new web page and will post when that happens. Later Dave
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave.... Todd is right, there's a lot of fine tuning associated with fitting his canopy. You can even slide the forward edge to the front or rear an inch or two, to increase or reduce the "bubble" look. I understand his desire for not cutting it to fit, but with all the extra material that he leaves on all 4 sides it's easy to misjudge the center mark on the top of the canopy, potentially making your final fit a bit lopsided looking. So take your time.

I'm sure he also mentioned to you to not use any kind of jig or reciprocating saw, for obvious reasons.

Good luck.....

- Bob
DMD1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Web site beginnings Reply with quote

http://www.midwestamphicar.com/pulse_litestar%20110.htm

The humble beginning. It now has plates but no engine.
DMD1

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Dumb ass Reply with quote

Ahhh learning curves. I split my first Ninja case and pulled out gears and added better used gears. Now starter works. But carbs were acting up. Ultimately I pulled off and then apart. Noticed only three tiny little washers. The needles use o rings and washers. Dumb ass me... LOL, I thought heck make em all even. So anyways waiting for carb kits with all the little parts. Springs mushed up o rings because little washers were missing. I just had to hear it run. Winter was so dang long!!!! Maybe tomorrow kits will show. I am so far behind in what I want to get done.I can not wait to crack the throttle on the highway again!!!
DMD1

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he Ninja screamed to life yesterday. I still have carb issues but I know what this mini beast can do. I also have new plan of attack. Due to lack of time, I am going to simply bolt in Ninja engine. Leaving the Pulse suspension alone. That means I can probably get this driveable in a weekend.I hate having toys I can not play with. Later Dave
DMD1

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick learning curve on Ninja carbs. Some new jets and slides and it purrs. Wicked fast rpms. Now I can finally move forward. Dave
DMD1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Moving forward Reply with quote

This weekend we cut up the Pulse and cut up a Ninja. Kind of strange feeling cutting up two use able vehicles or at least sell able. It took all day experimenting with ride height and fiberglass fitment. Goal is not to modify the body significantly. It will be a few more nights getting frame work done. Then the electrical job. Got to get this running for this season!!!Later Dave
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave... Great progress! Cuttings the fun part, it's the putting it back together that slows me down.

While you have it apart, can you tell me if the 2 steel rods... 1 for the shifter and the other for the clutch, are solid rod or tubing. I'm in the process of connecting the linkage up front on one of the replics and can't tell on #77 without taking it apart. (I've got enough projects that are still apart already)

It looks like, at least on the shifter rod, that they threaded a hole in either end, then used male heim joint rod ends. It seems those rods are a bit thin to be boring holes and threading them. I think it would have been better to have gone with a female rod end.

- Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: