PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ECOMOBILE looks like a new pulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcantoys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: ECOMOBILE looks like a new pulse Reply with quote

Click here: Revolutionary new motorcycle invented. [VIDEO]

I TRIED TO UPLOAD THE LINK
you can copy and paste it in a search engine and find it
I just went to Firefox program
still working out the bugs
they look cool
has a sun roof also cool idea
elden simons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Need more Info. Please Reply with quote

Revisit that web site that you found and get key words that may help me see what you had seen.
Or, forward the web site to Steve Schmidt and he can figure out how to attach info for us.

We need something to discuss or comment on.
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that new motorcycle is an Ecomobile. The prototype was built in 1981. They have been sold in Europe for years. The big drawback has been the price. Like in the high $80K range. There are only about 3 of them in the US.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Elden mentioned, it's hard to figure out which vehicle is being discussed, but if it's the Ecomobile as Bob described it's got way too many differences/improvements to infringe on the Pulse design.

I actually was lucky enough to meet up with 2 of the Ecomobile owners last year in Central Florida during Bike Week and was taken for a ride. Wow... what a great experience. A leaning, fully enclosed BMW motorcycle, with AC, reverse, and automatically retractable outrigger wheels. Of course, it comes at a pretty steep price tag.

I have a few pictures on webshots at:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/148097077SMkaUz?start=48

- Bob
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a Google search for "Revolutionary new motorcycle invented" every hit is for the Ecomobile. The Ecomobile is a really neat idea, but it is nothing like a Pulse. It is essentially a motorcycle with handlebars enclosed in a fiberglass body. It rides on only 2 wheels going down the road. When the Ecomobile slows to a stop, the outrigger wheels drop down to keep it from falling over. Then as it gains enough speed to be stable, the wheels retract into the body. Even if the Ecomobile falls over with the outriggers retracted, the outriggers protrude enough to keep the body off the ground.

I saw a very interesting video of an Ecomobile laying on its side motionless. The driver then accellerated and the Ecomobile started rotating on its side around the outrigger in contact with the ground. It started going in a circle. As the speed increased the circle got bigger and bigger until the Ecomobile righted itself without the outriggers extending. Very strange.
DMD1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: eco link Reply with quote

http://jackriepe.blogspot.com/2010/02/breakfast-in-bed-of-hell-and-glimpse-of.html

interesting read and nice pics of custom paint on the first USA Eco. Later Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: