PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 National Pulse Rally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavetheWave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: BIG Thank You Reply with quote

Margie and I had a very nice time. We did make reservations for next year. Perhaps 110 can run longer than one day. (My transmission decided to break). Having done events in the past, A HUGE Thank You. The booklet, the excellent meals, the tours, dash plaque and steak dinner. And just to clarify- I was not making fun of Margie, I was telling the true story as she described the first Pulse purchase.

Pulse loaded fairly easily with one outrigger off. A little harder taking off trailer. We arrived Saturday am. Pulse 110 roared to life. One carb started acting up, so it was much happier at high rpms. We took a trip to VA hospital with the hope of adding a bit of cheer to the Veterans. 110 easily made the run and returned to hotel trouble free. Sunday was chilly and it took a bit to get started. A blast around parking lot and it was ready for pics and 40 mile cruise. I turn Pulse off and wait for Margie. We get in fire up Pulse and it will not move. Transmission simply stopped working. We pushed to other lot for photo opportunity. Luckily there were open seats for us to enjoy the tour. A Canadian couple joined the group, wanting to buy a Pulse. Luckily for me they were not near when 110 broke. Sold! could have been response. So now need to make decisions on how to proceed.
Problem is internal, which means complete tear down. So I think I am going to clear out corner of garage and bury it till next Spring. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanks Dave 110
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fellow Pulse Heads !

Linda and I had a great time visiting with old and new Pulse owners. It was cool to see David and Pat Vaughn attend their first rally. Pulse owners always laugh at all the questions we get about our unique vehicles, but you should have heard all the questions that the Pulse owners asked Pat & David.

We are looking forward to the 2011 Rally and invite everyone to make reservations at the hotel ASAP. You don't want to miss all the fun.

Here is a link to more info and pix of the rally:

http://www.autocycles.org/2010.html

Regards,

Steve Schmidt
Owosso, MI
Pulse #185
elden simons

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Grounded Airplanes can't fly, but Pulses get around!!! Reply with quote

Excited about the potential video recording of GCRV Rally participants being released in the near future. You know I'll order one.
Sure looks like the Fly In/Drive In will have to cordon off more room for the autocycles in due time. Poor pilots will have to move further away from the pancake hanger...farther to walk for them Sad
I hope repairs to Dave's and the other fella's vehicle get solved and settled. So frustrating!!

I have yet to dust our vehicle off. Yup...got to get the hacksaw and do some amputating one of these summers too.
Tammy and Elden have Pulse #308 from 1988.Built in Butcher's Barn and presently sets inoperative in their garage. We are still keeping it!
DavetheWave

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone was great but one guy Leo Doyle really stands out. I met him briefly last year,than again at Micro car meet. So when I saw him I had my list of questions. He is a genius level person but never talks down to you. Always willing to answer questions.Seems like he is always smiling too. His wife Jan and him are very nice hosts also. Just wanted to say Thanks, Later Dave 110
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: